1. What does the man want to do?
A. Take photos. B. Buy a camera. C. Help the woman.
2. What are the speakers talking about?
A. A noisy night. B. Their life in town. C. A place of living.
3. Where is the man now?
A. On his way. B. In a restaurant. C. At home
4. What will Celia do?
A. Find a player. B. Watch a game. C. Play basketball.
5. What day is it when the conversation takes place?
A. Saturday. B. Sunday. C. Monday.
6. What is Sara going to do?
A. Buy John a gift. B. Give John a surprise. C. Invite John to France.
7. What does the man think of Sara’s plan?
A. Funny. B. Exciting. C. Strange.
8. Why does Diana say sorry to peter?
A. She has to give up her travel pan.
B. She wants to visit another city.
C. She needs to put off her test.
9. What does Diana want Peter to do?
A. Help her with her study. B. Take a book to her friend.
C.T eacha geography lesson.
10. Why does the man call the woman?
A. To tell her about her new job.
B. To ask about her job program.
C. To plan a meeting with her.
11. Who needs a new flat?
A. Alex. B. Andrea. C. Miranda.
12. Where is the woman now?
A. In Baltimore. B. In New York. C. In Avon.
13. What does Jan consider most important when he judges a restaurant?
A. Where the restaurant is.
B. Whether the prices are low.
C. How well the food is prepared.
14. When did Jan begin to write for a magazine?
A. After he came back to Sweden.
B. Before he went to the United States.
C. As soon as he got his first job in 1982.
15. What may Jan do to find a good restaurant?
A. Talk to people in the street. B. Speak to taxi drivers.C. Ask hotel clerks.
16. What do we know about Jan?
A. He cooks for a restaurant.
B. He travels a lot of his work.
C. He prefers American food.
17. What do we know about the Plaza Leon?
A. it’s new building. B. it’s a small town. C. it’s public place.
18. When do parents and children like going to the Plaza Leon?
A. Saturday nights. B. Sunday afternoons. C. Fridays and Saturdays.
19. Which street is known for its food shops and markets?
A. Via del Mar Street. B. Fernando Street. C. Hernandes Street.
20. Why does the speaker like Horatio Street best?
A. It has an old stone surface. B. it is named after a writer.
C. It is a famous university.
21．--I'm sorry I made a mistake!
-- Nobody is perfect.
A. Take your time B. You're right C. Whatever you say D. Take it easy
【解析】考查交际用语。根据后句“人无完人”可知，前一个人犯错误了，应叫他take it easy（放松）。
22. Would you like to with us to the film tonight?
A. come along B. come off C. come across D. come through
【解析】考查动词短语辨析。根据句意，与我们一道去看电影，故选A。come along with…与…一道。
23. I was glad to meet Jenny again, I didn't want to spend all day with her.
A. but B. and C. so D. or
24. When I arrived, Bryan took me to see the house_ I would be staying.
A. what B. when C. where D. which
25.I got to the office earlier that day, the 7:30 train from Paddington
A. caught B. to have caught C. to catch D. having caught
26. Since nobody gave him any help, he have done the research on his own.
A. can B. must C. would D. need
27. We very early so we packed the night before.
A. leave B. had left C. were leaving D.have left
28. The watch was very good, and he 20 percent down for it.
A. paid B. cost C. bought D. spent
【解析】考查动词辨析。短语pay some money for sth。故答案选A。
29. It may not be a great suggestion. But before ______ is put forward, we’ll make do with it.
A. a good one B. a better one C. the best one D. a best one
30. It was only after he had read the papers Mr. Gross realized the task before him was extremely difficult to complete.
A. when B. that C. which D. what
【解析】考查强调句。题干可还原为：Mr. Gross realized the task before him was extremely difficult to complete only after he had read the papers，即可判断为强调句，因此填that。
31 A serious study of physics is impossible some knowledge of mathematics.
A. against B. before C. beyond D. without
32. Only by increasing the number of doctors by 50 percent properly in this hospital.
A. can be the patients B. can the patients be treated
C. the patients can be treated D. treated can be the patients
33.Four and half hours of discussion took us up to midnight, and break for cheese, chocolate and tea with sugar.
A. a; a B. the; the C.不填；the D. a;不填
【解析】考查冠词。第一空表示“四个半”应用four and a half；短语a break表示“休息一会儿”，故答案选A。
34. It's an either-or situation - we can buy a new car this year or we can go on holiday but we can’t do .
A. others B. either C. another D. both
35. -Are you sure you won't come for a drink with us?
- , if you insist
A. Not at all B. It depends C. All right then D.I don't care